The World of Warcraft: Legion beta test has begun! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting opt-in beta testers, community veterans, press, fansites, and friends and family to check out the upcoming expansion and give us feedback.
The Legion beta test includes the new Demon Hunter class, the starting experience for the Broken Isles, the new level-up and max-level zones, the new Artifact system, and much more. Beta testers will be able to create characters using level 100 templates, so they’ll be primed and ready to explore the newest content. Be sure to check out the beta patch notes for more details on what to expect.
There’s no NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for the Legion beta test, so those invited to play are free to discuss their experiences as well as take screenshots, share videos, and stream game content. Please keep in mind that the expansion is still in development—we’ll be making changes to the game as the beta evolves, and what you’ll see during the beta test is not necessarily representative of the final game.
Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Legion beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
- If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games on the left.
- In the Region/Account drop-down menu above the Play button, choose Beta: Legion (listed under In Development), then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, and click Play.
Once you’ve launched the game, you can start your adventure in Legion by creating a new character using the built-in level 100 templates. Note that the game may automatically bring you to the standard character-creation process—you’ll need to cancel that and use the Legion Beta template option to create a character instead, located near the Enter World button.
We’d love to hear about your experiences in Legion, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback.
- To submit a bug or offer a suggestion from within the game, go to Game Menu (Escape) > Help > Submit Bug or Submit Suggestion.
- For crashes, please use the Crash Reporter feature that appears when the client crashes.
- If you’re getting a wrong version error, please uninstall and reinstall the client.
You can also participate in discussions on the forums by going to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/ and scrolling down to the beta forums.
How do I opt in?
Once you’ve set up a Battle.net account and have attached at least one Blizzard game, you can choose to opt in to our beta tests from the Beta Profile Settings page. You’ll need to select which games you’d be interested in helping test—make sure the Warcraft option is checked, then click Update Preferences.
Once that’s complete, it’s simply a matter of waiting for an invite.