The World of Warcraft: Legion alpha test is now underway! A small group of testers have already been trying their hand at the Demon Hunter, and today we’ve added some new areas for players to check out. Alpha testers can now explore the Stormheim and Highmountain zones, as well as the Halls of Valor dungeon. All classes except for Shaman are now available; character copy is currently disabled, but testers can create high-level characters using templates we’ve provided.
There’s no NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for the Legion alpha, so those invited to play are free to stream the game and take screenshots or movies. Please keep in mind that Legion is still in development—we’ll be making changes to the game as we continue to prepare for the upcoming beta test, and what you’ll see during the alpha test is not necessarily representative of the final game.Players selected to participate in the alpha will receive an email invitation directing them to download the alpha client directly from their Battle.net account. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Legion alpha license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
- If you’ve been selected to participate in the Legion alpha, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have it installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games on the left.
- In the Region/Account drop-down menu above the Play button, choose Alpha: Legion (listed under In Development), then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, and click Play.
Once you’ve launched the game, use the Legion alpha template to create a character. This is located near the Enter World button.
We’d love to hear about your experiences on the Broken Isles, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback.
- For general feedback, use the in-game Feedback interface.
- For crashes, please use the Crash Reporter feature that appears when the client crashes.
- For general game bugs, use the in-game Bug Report interface.
- If you’re getting a wrong version error, please uninstall and reinstall the client.
- Discuss the alpha with your fellow testers in our Legion alpha General Discussion and Bug Report forums.
How do I opt in?
Once you’ve set up a Battle.net account and have attached at least one Blizzard game, you can choose to opt in to future beta tests from the Beta Profile page—just check the box next to which games you’re interested in testing. Once that’s complete, it’s simply a matter of waiting for an invitation.