Updated August 27, 2012 at 15:00 CEST.
The currency conversion coming with Mists of Pandaria is going to happen in three stages, and this is how we plan for it to progress:
With Patch 5.0.4, the week of August 27
- Valor points will be converted to Justice points, and Conquest points will be converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) will have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
- At this time, you will not be able to earn Justice points or Honor points if the conversion puts your total above the cap of 4000 per type.
- The current Arena season will end.
- Players will no longer be able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses will drop Justice, Arenas will be closed).
- Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest will be available for Justice/Honor.
Approximately two weeks after Patch 5.0.4
- All Justice and Honor points that exceed the 4000 point caps will be converted to gold at the rate of 35 silver per Honor point and 47 silver per Justice point.
- The cap of 4000 points per type will remain in-effect.
With Mists of Pandaria on September 25
- Valor can be earned again.
- Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
- Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
- Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.
- The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, and August Celestials factions will sell this gear.
- Revered reputation with each faction will be required.
- Conquest will become earnable.
- There is a cap of 4000 Conquest points.
- Arenas and Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
- It will be used to purchase ilvl 483 gear from Pandaren battlemasters on the Great Wall.
With Mists of Pandaria, Patch 5.1
- We currently plan to upgrade the Valor system as Ghostcrawler described in Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained in the 5.1 patch, allowing you to upgrade your gear using Valor points. We’ll have additional information once Mists of Pandaria launches and we get closer to the 5.1 patch release.
Do you have questions or comments about currencies in World of Warcraft? Please let us know in this discussion thread.